It's not about re-inventing the wheel, it's about making a better one.
We are a Manufacturing Service provider, but we want to be the best one. To do this we had to take a different approach to manufacturing.
We took the Agile Manifesto used in software development and applied it to manufacturing. The results? Lets just say we made a better wheel!!!!
Here are some of the benefits
- Operational Efficiency - Less management and non-value add activities.
- Responsiveness - We are able to prioritize and focus on customer demand
- Process Flow - We change our facility to fit the product being manufactured, not the other way around.
- Less Inventory - We are able to control raw and wip inventory
- Scrum - We work in scrums to get each job completed
- Unity - Since we are working together on things more a sense of teamwork is created.
- Feedback - Real time quality and productivity feedback
It has been really fun and satisfying combining agile principles. It was a crazy thought, but the idea grew into something great.
We have something really special going here, we created and are very proud of it.
Live Long and Scrum On