Imagine juggling 10 jugglers who are juggling 10 balls each. Thats pretty much the life of an electronics manufacturer. There is so much information to manage, BOM, AML's, PSW, APQP, PPAP, QMS, control plans, work instructions, training, purchase orders, supply chain, inventory, kits, equipment, customers, vendors, schedules, MRP, facility, preventive maintenance, sales, quoting, contracts, engineering changes, obsolete parts, parts shortages...ok I should have stopped sooner, but there is A LOT.
Managing all this is a massive task, to take care of it we needed the dreaded middle-management layer. Ultimately Middle management is there to make sure you do what you are supposed to do, so it really doesn't add value. Middle management is no fun, you're stuck in between executive management and production, which ends up being thankless job. Here's what happened when we had middle managers to make sense all this information:
- Stress - running around in circles hoping a ball didn't get dropped
- barely getting by
- Poor uninformed decisions
- Wasted time
- Bloated inventory
- Poor quality
- Late deliveries
- Poor job satisfaction
- Overall FRUSTRATION
One day we looked at what we were doing and emphatically proclaimed "THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!!" That proclamation led us to the development and implementation of our custom ERP. We removed a complete layer of management (ie no document management because our system takes care of it). It has led to less flatten the management structure. We now concentrate on more execution which leads to extreme value add for the customer and profitability for us.
Our Custom ERP has allowed us to:
- Implement cross-industry best practices
- Control our processes to ensure smooth launches and repeatability
- Be transparent in execution so we can stay on track
- Comply to AS9100, ISO 13485, ISO/TS 16949 easily
- Manage Change and Documents
- Rapidly implement continual improvements
- Automate Onboarding & Training
- Give more time to help customers
- Reduce overhead
- Ability to relax, enjoy and smell the flowers.
Our Custom ERP is our secret sauce, and we are proud of our recipe. Contact us for a taste.
Live Long and Add Value