We have become a tech company, because it makes sense and because it's fun!!!!
Just had a radio interview with Kevin Price at Price of Business Radio. We discussed how American Manufacturing can compete globally. Check out our Conversation, it will be on 7/13/17 at 3 pm
here's a link to thier website http://priceofbusiness.com/
It was a great year, great friends and great accomplishments!!!
Here's a list of things we accomplished as a class this year!!!
So I don't administer the IT systems, we have a team that does it and the one thing they were always complained about was the PBX system. Updates broke the system, provisioning was a pain, moving people was a pain, forwarding was a pain, hardware compatibility was a pain.
They kept on pushing for a Virtual PBX system. I kept on looking at the numbers, Subscription, hardware, management, updates, etc. I just couldn't find a business case for it. But after persistence from the IT department, we decided to go for it. The result, it's one of the best decisions we have made, here's why:
- Less Down time - The system doesn't break
- No special hardware - We need the internet and use the Computer or Cell Phones, no servers or desk phones
- No special infrastructure - No telephone lines, just an internet connection
- Always Connected - When i'm on the road I use my smartphone, when at my desk my computer and headset.
- More intuitive - No training, just plug and play
- Less wires - We don't have to manage as wires and do cord management.
Now our IT department's time and resources are used towards other continuous improvement projects.
Live Long and Cut the Cord